meta name="google-site-verification" content="tV2ZYycKo30YyoZIJMQbYAwc4LzexRciuwWFfM1Eb2s" /> Cakeophonous: Nicky's Nifty Fifty Cake!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nicky's Nifty Fifty Cake!





This cake was commissioned by a very loving daughter for her mothers 50th birthday.

This is my biggest cake so far, and I think it came up well!
The brief was that it was to be fun and funky, brightly coloured, feature red and make a big deal of the fact that this was a 50th birthday! My favourite part of this cake is the red curly 50 on top... It was heaps of fun to make, and I think it achieved emphasising which birthday it was in celebration of! I also love the curly wires - it tied the cake together nicely and get it some dimension.

I did change the top tier decoration as I felt it didn't do the occasion justice... The pictures with the extra balls and sparkles and sprouting bits was the finished tier :)
Oh, and the last pic is Nicky's cake all dressed up and ready to go! Finally got my packaging sorted!

All three tiers of this cake were chocolate mud cake, iced with milk chocolate ganache - a deviation from the usual dark chocolate, but was very yummy.

I got an email from my client Kiera the day after...
"Hi Claire, the cake was a huge success!! Everyone loved it and it blew Mum away!! I still can't believe how beautiful it was!! .... Thanks again, I really appreciate it! -Kiera"

Mission accomplished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment